Friday, August 3, 2007

Valerie's Big Day

So my birthday tribute is a few days late, but still heartfelt. My lil' sis just turned 30. She was having a little bit of a hard time during the few weeks previous to the big event. The good news is that on the eve of the big day she was watching a TLC program about a paraplegic, pregnant woman who was on bed rest, flat on her back the whole pregnancy. :-( Suddenly being 30 and gorgeous with 3 1/2 super cool, zany kids, a terrific husband and the home of her dreams, didn't seem that much of a hardship :-) We celebrated the day as the tres sisters with mani/pedi's and lunch out sans kids (of course little Deakan tagged along and was a perfect gentlemen.) Our own Mr. Ross acquired the most wicked chocolate cake I have ever encountered, and we finished the day with a round of Rumicub which the birthday girl fittingly won. Good times, I'm glad I was with her to enjoy it.

0 comments: