Friday, August 3, 2007


One of the reasons I haven't been posting much lately is because I have been out having so much fun. Richard and I went to see Arsenic and Old Lace at the Shakespeare Festival. Didn't think Arsenic was a Shakespeare play? Well you were right ;-) They mix in a few modern plays to lure in the more low brow crowd. I had really wanted to see "The Tempest," but it wouldn't have been Richard's cup of tea. We both really enjoyed Arsenic and even laughed out loud. They did a fabulous job of it, and the venue is just beautiful with the mountains in the background. Before the show started we had a light sprinkling of rain that cooled things down beautifully and made for a pleasant night. If you live near or are ever in Boise please check this out, we can't wait to go again. http://www.idahoshakespeare.org/

2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Blackfoot Community Players put on Arsenic and Old Lace when I was a kid. I think one of my parents may have been in it, but they all sort of run together cause if they weren't in them, they directed them, helped out or we at least went to everyone that was ever put on.

Anyway, glad you had fun. I love going to shows.

Laura said...

Julie- SO glad you were out having fun with your sweet husband! That is a GREAT play!