Saturday, August 25, 2007

Twilight

I am posting this quite a bit after the fact, but nevertheless, it may be news to some. We have started a very fabulous book club here in Boise. Our first meeting was at the lovely home of T.(who may wish to remain anonymous) We discussed "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer. Surprise, surprise we all loved the book and proceeded to cast our favorite actors for the hopefully soon to be produced movie.

T. made some delicious little tarts that we all wanted the recipe for, however she refuses to read my blog, so the said recipe may remain an unsolved mystery.

Second surprise, I didn't take any pictures. I have decided to post a random picture from my small store of existing pictures for any blog post that I don't actually have a picture for. It is quite sad, I know. This is me at the Grotto of the first proposal from "Pride and Prejudice." It is actually Stourhead Estate Gardens in Wiltshire, UK. http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-findaplace/w-stourhead/

5 comments:

Laura said...

Julie- you are so cute!! Way to dig in and make new friends and memories in a new place! Nothing slows you down! I admire you in so many ways!

Rochelleht said...

Ah! I really missed you at yesterday's book club. I was looking around the table and thinking how much we have changed over the years. I still remember that first book club for Harry Potter at your place.

You look fabulous! Who's your fantastic photog? HEE HEE HEE!

Man, I miss that trip every day.

Megan said...

Julie

You always look so great! I'm so glad that you are making new friends and getting all your clubs established so quickly. I wish you could just come over and we could play fun games!! Tell your sister thanks for posting on my blog. It made my day. I wanted to post on hers but it didn't look like she had one!

katri said...

it is so awesome to bond over books.

I just think about Outlander... oh so many years ago! :) All thanks to you and a good book.

I miss you at bookclub. You would have had so many interesting things to add to our discussion.

Tip Junkie said...

I'm so glad you started a book club up there. What a great book to start on.