Monday, October 1, 2007

New and Fun

This darling book was one of my favorite birthday presents this year, though it is hard to compete with my new Jane Austen action figure! I found this book on my birthday date with Richard (dinner, Barnes & Nobel.) It was in the bargain section and really a perfect steal for under $6.

I am full of excitement to try some of the recipes and ideas in the book. It is truly delightful. Autumn is my favorite season. I have an theory that everyone's favorite season is the one that their birthday falls in. Please feel free to support or undermine my theory whichever the case may be.

Now I am excited to check out all the sister books to this little treasure. www.susanbranch.com

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That looks like a fun book. Happy birthday!! Sounds like you day was fun.

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a perfect one! I'll have to check out that book!

Rochelleht said...

That is just so "Julie". I would totally buy that for you if someone hadn't already. I totally agree about the favorite season/birthday theory. I blogged about it, myself. Yea for fall!

ranell said...

Well sorry to say I don't agree with your theory. My birthday is in July and while summer is fun, my favorite season is Fall as well. And Spring is a close second. I love the changing of the long seasons. I so look forward to Spring after a long dull winter and love the Fall after a long HOT summer.

I can see that book would be perfect for you.

Katrina said...

What does it mean if you can't pick a favorite season? Does that mean that I don't have a true birthday? Was my mom in labor for a whole year? :O

Glad you're enjoying your action figure! Come back to Texas and ours can fight each other. (Though mine has the advantage of being older and wiser!)

Megan said...

It looks like a fun book. You will have to share some of the receipes. Happy Birthday.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Our favorite date night is dinner and Barnes and Noble too!