Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Cottage Dresses up for Halloween

Val and I had fun making these front porch decorations this year. We scavenged the yard of an abandoned old house to find these dead twigs. I used the pot already on my porch and a jack o lantern I have had for years. The pumpkin lights were $2.50 at the dollar spot in Target. Total cost of this darling project $2.50!

Our garage is in the back of the house, so when we come home, it is all we see. Last year I found this cute idea in a magazine and it was worth a repeat this year. Next year think I will flank the door on both sides with some corn husks and pumpkins, maybe add a few bats. The fence is black duct tape and the animals are black foam sheet, cut into shapes. If you try this, be sure to cut the vertical tape at the door joints so the door can flex open easily.

8 comments:

Gledwood said...

Great stuff!

Megan said...

Very cute. I love everything! I can't believe you did it all for so cheap! Way to go Julie.

Rochelleht said...

How cute is that! I love that garage!!! What a great idea!

Michelle said...

WOW girl you are just too cute!! I love it all!

Laura said...

You've been busy! I LOVE it!

aurora said...

Very cute! I only have one lonely scarecrow at my front door right now!! I am lame this year.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

What cute decorations! I love the garage idea. i may borrow that one! ;)

katri said...

so so cute!