Monday, October 8, 2007

Lillywood Cottage from the inside

We are hosting Thanksgiving this year and Richard has offered to paint the whole downstairs. I am so excited, because the only painting done in this house is all upstairs.

The kids bathroom was the first room I painted. I really do love these hooks. The orange washcloth is missing today, but you get the idea.

I drilled these frames and pulled the ribbon through. This is the second room I painted, chocolate brown . . . .

and red. This is the TV room, and Richards pride and joy, the 60 inch baby. I think I need to tone down the white built in, maybe with a wash, or paint it altogether. The trim and crown moulding in this room are white as well. Any suggestions?


I snatched up these tins from "Graples" and lucky for me because a few ladies I know have been looking for them for the past few months and sadly, no floral tins.



This is downstairs in the kitchen. I'm almost decided on a gold paint pulled from the stripe in the valance. I fell love with this wooden m from "The Red Dresser." I think I may have started a collection.




Then I found my new favorite M. It was in a set of four that spelled "HOME." For a month or so I begged the store owners to break up the set and sell me the M. You can imagine their reluctance as this would leave someone with "HOE." Finally they conceded, and smartly so, because my mom bought the O, leaving a much more polite "HE" or "EH." More to come after the big painting frenzy. . .





8 comments:

Rochelleht said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Your house is TOOOOO cute! I love it. I love those curtains. I love the green with their initials and the hooks! I LOVE both M's. SOOO cute! I'll be west LOTS longer this next summer, so I'll definitely have time to come visit next year.

katri said...

You have been BUSY!!! I simply love what you are doing to your abode. Lovely, lovely.

Michelle said...

SO SO SO CUTE!! I love it all. You have done a great job. I love the hooks in the boys bathroom. Both a good and cute idea (win win). Can't wait to see it all in person! Feb. can't come soon enough. Love ya girl!

Laura said...

Julie- YOUR HOUSE LOOKS GREAT!! I love the colors you picked out! I love the decor! The bathroom towel hooks are darling!

Megan said...

I love everything Julie. It looks wonderful. I love the M. If you ever spot an L let me know! Everything looks amazing!

Mikelle said...

You are just bragging that you got the coolest tins from graples and no one else can get them. I checked today!

Katrina said...

I love that new M and your tins! Your house is just like it the name states! Why haven't I been able to name mine yet? Gaaaaa!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your house!! You have such a great decorating style. I saw those 3 iron flowers at Canton and almost bought them. ;) I didn't only because I had no idea where I'd put them but I'm so glad you found a home for them - they're awesome!