Monday, September 10, 2007

Fall Fun

I have finally decided to post some pictures of my house. Now that school is in session, I have finished some things I wanted to share.

After much thought and indecision, the name of my house instantly stuck me. I live on Lillywood Drive. It was so simple and fitting, I'm surprised I didn't realize it sooner. She is now formally and publicly christened "Lillywood Cottage."

Everyone who knows me knows I am a sucker for fall decor. My favorite thing to get out is always my fall table setting. This picture is a little washed out, but the pumpkins in the centerpiece and on the napkin rings are sparkly and I just love them. I also found some beaded candle rings in fall colors that I added to the chandelier. You can sort of see my coffee table and a few other harvest touches around my main living area. I am always glad I use a lot of green in my decor because it goes so nicely with every season and holiday decor.

There is no formal dining room in this house, but as you can see, the dining area is visible from the front door, so at least everyone can see how cute it is the minute they walk in the house.


Here is the piano all decked out for fall. You see it right when you come into the house. The entryway is to the right, you can see the stairs go up behind the piano. I know, I really need to paint this space a "real color" but you know how long it takes me to decide on that sort of thing. I simply can't be rushed. I did go hog wild on my upstairs paint. I'll post soon!

9 comments:

Rochelleht said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! I can't wait to see more pictures of your house. It looks so darling in this post! AND, I LOVE the name!!! I couldn't come up with a name for my house, so the girls and I named their playhouse, which worked out well.

Katrina said...

It looks great, Julie! I love the name plaque! Did you get that from T? I still haven't named my house, either! I've decided to wait until I run into Anne Shirley, cause she's so great at naming things! (I'm still in love with Idlewyld!)

Julie said...

Yes, I made the plaque when the guys were all salmon fishing in Canada. We did a lot of fun crafts.

Michelle said...

Your home is beautiful. You have a done great job decorating. Great name for your house! Love the plaque over the front door. Can't wait to see more.

Megan said...

Julie I love your house and your decorations. It looks so great. I love the color of your kitchen table and chairs. Please post more photos. It is so fun to see!

Laura said...

Julie- It looks GREAT!! I LOVE the front door picture- it looks so charming! I love dining areas! They are so fun!

Katrina- I think you have a great street name- Seven Oaks has lots of potential!

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I can't wait to decorate for fall. I usually wait until after my b-day. Your house looks so warm and inviting. Great job.

Lacie said...

Your house looks wonderful! I hope to decorate for fall this weekend!
VERY EXCITED!

ok, I had to laugh! I name everything, but my husband thinks I am a bit crazy...For example, my vegetable garden is named Gordon.

Enjoy the fall season!

katri said...

I love, love, love the name. Absolutely DARLING! The pictures of your home look great as well. It looks like you all are getting settled in to you beautiful home.