Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Joys of Summer

I am so happy that all my kids made it home from the pool today alive. We went after lunch and other than the friend I was with, we were the only ones there. Because the kids were so easy to see, I let my guard down. I noticed Landen had taken off his water wings and Ryker was using them. I had just told Landen he was not to jump into the pool without wings. I'm sure you can guess the rest of the story. He did pretty good holding his breath and not gulping in water, but my throat is raw from screaming at his brothers to help him up. Luckily he was only in 4 ft of water and Brax finally grabbed him. Is there a Mom out there who hasn't had this experience? You could go insane playing the what-if game. I think I'm going to make a life jacket mandatory for that kid. I'm still a little shaky, I think I'm going to go get a big Diet Coke.

To register for a CPR course go to www.redcross.org

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That is just so scary Julie! Thank goodness Brax was close enough to grab him. It is for that very reason why I hate water wings. A kid in the pool at my gym almost drowned using the water wings. Not sure the details but apparently they had come open and deflated. No I am a firm advocate of life jackets all the way.

Don't play the what if game. It drives you crazy!

katri said...

Oh Julie, that is so scarry! That has happened with both Carson and Kiefer.

I am so happy that he is o.k. Try not to play the "what if" game too long. It can drive you crazy.

Oh my gosh... that is so scarry. And so real.

Rochelleht said...

So, I guess you couldn't hide this one from Richard, huh? ;-)

Well, you remember that day at Katri's where Grace took her's off and jumped in. UGH! It makes you so nervous.

Rochelleht said...

Hey! I like the site's new look!

Anonymous said...

I've experienced that a couple times myself and it's so scary. Enjoy that diet coke, girl.