Thursday, September 4, 2008

No time to Post

So I'm beginning this post with this crazy photo from 2 summers ago when our local library had a princess and pirates party. Of course when I wanted to take a picture, the kids decide to attack the unsuspecting baby. I'm posting this to show how time flies and how wonderful all the little moments are in our life The rest of this is a summary of our entire summer not in chronological order at all, but hey I had a few minutes and it's all good stuff.



Education Week at BYI a treasured summer tradition. I will always remember 2008 as the year I brought my kids suitcase and left all my clothes with them in Boise. Yes, I survived 4 days all on borrowed clothes. Those 4T jeans shorts and t-shirts didn't cut it, especially not the Diego briefs. I have been a little frazzled this year, and this was the proof. I am so excited for some routine and quiet time.

What would summer be without Cub Scout Day Camp. This is my third year in a row, as leader, what will I do next summer? Braxton, ever difficult to impress, enjoys the alchemy lecture.


July 4th, at the Ross's, this year, I'm happy to report, we didn't blow up anything, or anyone.



In July I went to Kansas City for Usborne National Convention. I do love a girl trip, we had a blast.




I set a goal to become a supervisor, and by Aug. 1st I had promoted.





When Richard told me we were getting a boat, I'll admit, I was less than thrilled, but after just one Saturday out on the lake with my family, away from electronic devices (does a fish finder count?) I am a fan. We have a great time.






Here's baby Kensley, she was at the party too, just didn't make it into the group shot.







I just think it is so cool that you can have a great party with just your cousins and your siblings. They are a great bunch of kids.








Rhett, turns 3 this summer, yeah for the pool party. One word, adorable. I can see that he will always be my baby, and my advice is, if your youngest isn't a snuggler, you better have one more.









Landen, the coolest, most uninhibited kindergartner around. This kid has no hangups or fears, rejection, separation, performance anxiety, bring it on. This is one cool kid.

9 comments:

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Such a shocker that you are haunting me, but arghhaaa, I am haunting you back. Thanks for putting up with the crazy lady this weekend. It was so nice to get to know you and I am looking forward to my first UsBorne party.

Laura said...

Looks like you have been one busy lady! One- CUTE busy lady! Love your short hair!

val said...

I am so proud of you and your acheivments. I already miss summer, we had such a carefree time. Isn't it fun to have such photogenic kids. They are very (hansome).

Busy Lady said...

What an eventful summer! I didn't realize you went to Education week with your kid's suitcase. What a riot! That one really made me laugh because it sounds like something I would have done. You are too fun and I love your littlest snuggler! He is going to be such a blast this year.

Rochelleht said...

Yeah, a Julie-post! Your boys are SOOO cute! I can't believe how big they are.

Sure had fun hanging with you this summer. Love ya!

Michelle said...

Way fun summer! How fun to have a boat. We want on pretty bad but san fish finder; with ski tower. I really can't believe how big your kids are getting.

katri said...

Busy, busy summer!

Are you coming to Texas sometime? I miss you and was so glad that I got to see you a bit in Idaho. :)

"The Queen in Residence" said...

J- you must be trying to dig yourself out from under the HUGE success of your booth at Celebration. We came by but no you. Be glad for the shelter of the Grove, it was rainy cold yuck, but still fun.
I will keep checking back - see I am haunting you and I saw you did the test. I got none of them right...I hate riddles. :>

Shandy said...

wow! definitely a very eventful summer! congrats on your promotion and getting a boat! how fun!
such great pics you've shared with us... now get posting and update us all - LOL