Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Host


Okay, I know all I ever talk about is books, but what can I say, they are my life. So I finished the new Stephenie Meyer (sadly, we are not related) "The Host." I loved it. The range of genres I enjoy nearly rivals the types of music I like. I am a huge fan of Sci-fi, and this one really delivered. I had no problem "buying" the premise of the book, and as usual, our BFF Steph, gave us captivating characters that make us laugh, and cry and fantasize. While Jared is no Edward, you can easily enjoy the chemistry in this novel. I also enjoyed the way the love triangle was resolved and unlike the "Twilight" books, we were not left hanging. I don't have an unquenchable thirst for a sequel. I do think this would make a fab movie even my husband would enjoy.

2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

I've heard it's pretty good. I'll add it to my list of a bazillion books. :-)

katri said...

Hummm... I'm glad to know you liked it. I wasn't too interested in reading it, but I usually like the same things you do.

Thanks for the post!