Saturday, February 16, 2008

Book of the Week


My new favorite book of the week is: The Big Book of Fantasy Quests. It is 128 pages, and under $15! I got this one for my boys, but I adore it. The art is fantastic, and the quests are clever and fun.


I'm like a kid in a candy shop everytime a shipment of books comes. The kids love it too. We had two big boxes arrive Tuesday and I didn't open them right away. I went upstairs to tidy up, thank heavens I came back down quickly, my two boys 4 and 2 and their two cousins 5 and 2 each had their own steak knife and were sawing through the boxes. "We just really wanted to see the new books, Mom." Like mother like son.


No children or books were harmed in the story above.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Tee hee. I think I would be in heaven if books came in my mail regularly! We had an incidence with steak knives recently, too. Let's just say the my redhead's thumb will take a long time to heal! Poor thing.

Rochelleht said...

Ouch, Katrina!!

That book is SOOO your family, Julie. How fun!!!

Miss you!

aurora said...

Steak knives and kids!?! That is basically my worst nightmare.

Looks like an awesome book. I love that your kids are so excited for the books, too!

Michelle said...

That looks like a great book. I think my boys would enjoy that.

Brekkon is now reading the 3rd book in the Land of Elyon series. It is always great when you find a book that they enjoy.

Megan said...

I love new books. My problem is I have piles of them in my gift closet from when I was teaching. I use to get big boxes of books when I was teaching and I loved it! It looks like a fun read.