Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Book Club


I have been a little bit of a slacker, blogging about my book club. Here is a quick catch up, but I promise to devote a full post to all future meetings. If I can ever weasel the recipes out of there girls, I'll also post some of the fabulous menu items.

Dec. "The Giver" always a great discussion over Tortilla Soup and Corn Pudding
Nov. "The Thirteenth Tale" crazy fascinating book, delightful creamy potato soup and fancy green salad.
Oct. "I Capture the Castle" quirky family, a tiny bit sad, great stuffed bread loaf and another fabulous, fancy green salad.
Sept. "Jane Eyre" a classic must read even good the second time around, great Baked Potato Soup in a bread bowl. (I actually got the soup recipe) will post soon.
Aug. "The Princess Academy" fun easy read, Cucumber sandwiches and Strawberry Salad
July "Twilight" If you haven't read this yet, run out and get it. Lovely bacony tarts and chicken salad croissants.

3 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Well, the only one we haven't read as a bookclub yet is Jane Eyre, though I would guess most of us have. That is a great list. I am so glad that you are keeping bookclub and Mavens going.

Got your xmas card yesterday. You are SOOO pretty!! It was adorable.

aurora said...

Sounds like you have read some great books! And the yummies don't sound bad, either!

Michelle said...

I love how you have started a bookclub. I'm working on it and hopefully will have it going at the first of the year. It has been hard finding women willing to leave their family once a month. Crazy I know, but that is how it is. Hopefully from bookclub we can move into Maven's.

Thanks for the rundown. I'm looking forward to the recipes. The food sounds good!