Monday, November 26, 2007

Farewell my Dear Friend


Yes, it is true. I have given up the juice. I have been dry since Nov. 11, 2007. Wish me luck in my constant battle with my addiction. The more people that know about my commitment, the less likely I will be to sneak a drink, because I will not want to appear weak and embarrass myself.
I knew I had to put a stop to things when I found myself at the door of the church, reaching for the handle with my free hand (the other being almost always occupied holding my 44 ounces of nectar.) Yes, I almost took my soda into sacrament meeting without realizing it! Now I have taken soda into the church building on several occasions, such as Super Saturday and Den Meetings, but I really had to get a grip.
This new development may effect my blogging and other late night computer activities, but I am going to try.

10 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Oh, Julie. I was just thinking tonight as I was drifting to sleep, that I REALLY need to scale back. It has gotten out of control. I am scared, though. I don't want to, but I realize that the first thing I think about in the morning is Diet DP. And my stomach doesn't feel so great lately. All this carbonation can't be good. You are my hero. ;-)

Megan said...

You are a better woman than I am! Keep up the good work!

Laura said...

Way to go! I LOVE coke- I don't drink that much of it- just a few times a week- but I know it is TERRIBLE for me! I just LOVE the taste! I need to follow you on this one!

katri said...

Oooo... good for you!!!

I have scaled back a bit. In the past I have given up for a time and that is good.

I love your music post. I bet you could make one mean music mix!! I still love the one you gave out for Christmas.

Miss ya girlie.

Richard Meyer said...

Laura,

"Just a few times a week"? Most of us do that before lunch. This is a very serious addiction that is taking days off our very lives. If at all possible, please quit while you still can. Don't let it take you over and drag you down to our level.

Oh, and by the way, there is no differnce between your post about a "few times a week" is like walking into an AA meeting when you used cooking wine in "a few" recipies a week.

For anyone who does not personally know how kind and great Laura is...please forgive her, she meant well.

aurora said...

Oh, quitting is easy-- I've done it many times!
;-)
Good for you!

Michelle said...

Good for you, but I'll keep my sweet nectar! I hope you last long!

Katrina said...

Good for you, Julie! But does that mean that you have to take Diet Coke off your happiness list?

Casey said...

I love Aurora's comment. She' right, I've quit many times myself. Rob and I are always filling up a class of our nectar to drink on the way to church too. It's too funny that you actually brought it in with you! I'm afraid that will be me one of these day. Lucky for me, I can't drink it for a week after I have chemo, so I justify that I only drink it every other week and I consider it medicinal. :) My mom gave up her addiction a year ago and has done fantastic! Good luck. You are awesome and I know you can do it!

Mikelle said...

I was wondering if you did actually give it up. Good job, I've now taken up diet 7up. I also just noticed that I changed my blog backround to the exact same as yours. You have such good taste.