Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happiness Found

I haven't been posting much lately, cause, well, the title of my blog is Happiness, and I have been struggling a tiny bit lately. I have been very sad and worried about a few good friends lately and worried about my dad's cancer. I have decided that this isn't the whole cause of my blues though. For the first time in my life, I don't have something big to look forward to. Since I can remember, I have always been excited about the next big thing in my life; graduation, college, marriage, babies, new houses, big move, my one big trip ;-) Right now, I just don't have much in the works. I am making a good effort to live in the now, and appreciate my awesome life.

Yesterday, I basically stabbed my little sis in the back and told her that I really needed to go to Education Week at BYI. Last year I promised her that if she watched my kids so I could go, I would watch her kids this year so she could go. I feel like a complete heel. She had to really scramble to find people to leave her kids with, and my dear husband is doing a lot of the watching, both her kids and mine (7 total!) I owe them both big time, but I know this is just what I need to lift my spirits out of the dump. A major bonus perk is the I get to see Katri and Michelle. I'm sure to have tons of great stuff to blog by the weekend. Happiness found!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I have just been so dang excited since you told me you were comming. Give that WONDERFUL husband a big hug and kiss! We really do have some great men in our lifes. Can't wait to see you!!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about your sister. There'll be lots of time to make it up to her. I'm so glad that you're able to go. I feel the same way right now. I'm just on auto-pilot trying to bring in the fun where I can get it. Being summer and having kiddos around all the time does certainly drain all the positive energy from us moms. I'm so glad you're going to be able to be uplifted and inspired in new ways. Yeah! You'll have to share all your insights when you get back.

Laura said...

Julie- I am SO glad that you get to go! Sounds like you have had a lot on your plate! I know you made Michelle's week by calling to tell her you were going... I only wish I was there too! Hope you gals had a GREAT time and got a little "lift!"

Rochelleht said...

I think that's great. Val will survive!

I love ya! Have tons of fun! I'm glad to see you posting!!!

katri said...

I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so ... SO glad that you made it happen and when to Rexburg.

You are such a great person. Ed week is such a wonderful way to get re-charged.

(btw, you are NOT a heel! .. but you already know that! hugs:)

It was so fun to see Val and meet Rebecca. I did kinda miss staying with you all, but glad that Monica could come. I can't tell you what a piece of heaven it was to have you, Stephie, and Monica all in the same room hanging out, talking, laughing, sharing notes from the day. Three great friends, a dream come true. :)

Julie said...

It was a real treat to meet some of Katri's great friends. I had a wonderful time. YEA! Energized and ready to roll.

Rochelleht said...

Can't wait to hear about it!

Love ya!